Navigation
     ALL ARTICLES

Graham Cars For Sale

All Classified Ads
Graham Logo

Graham History: The Graham brothers, Joseph, Robert and Ray started out making glass and eventually sold their company to Owens Glass Co. Then they developed kits to modify Model "T" Fords into trucks, which evolved into building their own trucks using Dodge engines and sold by Dodge dealers. In 1922 the Grahams built a 13,000 square foot factory in Detroit, Michigan, and another in Stockton, California, in 1925. That same year the Grahams sold their company to the Dodge brothers and took on executive positions.
By 1927 Dodge was facing financial problems and the Grahams decided to go back to making vehicles for themselves. They started by buying the Paige-Detroit Motor Company, who made Paige and Jewett automobiles, and their first cars were called Graham-Paiges. They also made a few trucks under the Paige name but had to stop when the Dodges cried fowl because of a non-competition agreement.
Graham vehicles were known for their quality and their success at racing boosted sales. Their "Blue Streak" was a big success, giving the brothers enough capital to make it through the Great Depression, but by 1932 they could not afford to develop a new body and for the next few years paid a royalty to the REO Motor Car Company for their designs. By 1938 the Grahams were back on their feet but sales for their next car, sold as the "Spirit of Motion", were poor and by 1938 they were once again out of money. This time the Grahams made a deal with the Hupp Motor Co. to build their 1939 Hupmobile using body dies they had acquired from the Cord Motor Company. They used the dies to build the Hupmobile "Skylark" and a car for themselves called the "Hollywood". However the Hollywood sales were poor and production ceased in 1940.
Contracts from the war department kept the Grahams in business during WWII and by the end they were ready to try again under the leadership of Joseph Frazer, by then the president of Graham-Page. In 1946 they produced the "Frazer" in partnership with Henry Kaiser and also ventured into farm equipment under the "Rototiller" name. In 1947 stockholders renamed the company the Kaiser-Frazer Corporation but Frazer left the company in 1951 and the next year Kaiser dropped the Frazer name. The Kaiser Motors Corporation continued building passenger cars until 1955.

Feature Your Ad Here

All Classified Ads - Click on column names to sort listings - Graham

Photo Make Model Year Zip State Price
1923 Graham brothers truck Graham brothers truck 1923 50169 Iowa $50,000.00 Make an Offer Jul 9, 2014
1940 GRAHAM Sharknose Combination Coupe GRAHAM Sharknose Combinatio 1940 92072 California $45,999.00 Make an Offer May 19, 2014

Search For Anything

Search For Anything
Enter keywords (Ex: 1957 chevy, black) or filters