Chrysler History: The Chrysler Corporation was founded by Walter Percy Chrysler in 1925, after closing the Maxwell Motor Company. The Plymouth brand was adopted in 1928 as their entry level vehicle, followed by the DeSoto, Dodge, Chrysler and Imperial. The Chrysler Airflow was one of the first aerodynamically designed vehicles in the 1930s. In 1951 Chrysler introduced the Hemi V8, which had a huge impact on the Muscle Car Era. And they were the first to offer unibody construction in 1960, which eventually became an industry standard. The current Chrysler logo, created in the 1990s, is a variation of the original winged logo adopted in 1925. It was surrounded by a pair of silver wings after Chrysler merged with Daimler-Benz in 1998. The company also adopted a Pentastar logo for marketing purposes, which became far more recognizable. In 1993 the Pentastar was replaced by the 'Ram' logo. In 1966 Chrysler entered the European market by taking over the British Rootes Group and Simca of France to form Chrysler Europe. They then merged with Daimler-Benz to form DaimlerChrysler in 1998.