REO Trucks: Ransom E. Olds opened the REO Motor Car Company in 1904 and started building trucks in 1910. He produced several popular cars during the Antique Car Era but by 1936 he had turned his attention trucks. Then, like many companies at the time, the Great Depression was hard to overcome. He made a profit selling trucks to the military during World War II but it wasn't enough so in the mid 1950s he sold his operation to the Bohn Aluminum and Brass Corporation, who sold it to the White Motor Company a few years later. In 1967 White merged REO with their Diamond T Truck division to form Diamond-Reo Trucks but seven years later the company went bankrupt and most everything was liquidated. In 1975 Loyal Osterlund and Ray Houseal bought the Diamond-Reo name and continued to build trucks until 1995.
The "Speed Wagon"trucks were produced between 1915 and 1953 as light duty delivery trucks (and other models) but became famous years later when the rock group "REO Speedwagon" adopted the name.
This category is open to all REO trucks. You will also find truck dealers and related products and services in our Business Directory.