Stutz History: Harry C. Stutz founded the the Stutz Motor Company in 1912 to produce high-end roadsters. The company operated from 1912 to 1935 and was revived in 1968, lasting until the late 1970s. Stutz had a tough time raising money for production and had to sell out to Allen Ryan in 1919, who also ran out of money and had to sell it again in 1922. By 1923 Frederick E. Moskowics was running the company and he was able to make it profitable by offering new safety features but ended production in 1935. In August of 1968 James O'Donnell bought the Stutz name to produce the Stutz Blackhawk which had some success, but he too ran out of money ten years later.