Appraisals - Dealers - Financing - History Reports - Insurance - Shipping - More * Requires Free Registration
1994 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk For Sale
|1994 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk
***RECENT PRICE REDUCTION***
Was $18,950 - Now $13,500
Some of you car guys and gals are probably looking at this listing and asking yourself "What is a Firebird Firehawk"?? Back in 1987, Street Legal Performance (SLP) in Ste. Therese and LaSalle, Quebec, Canada.
negotiated a deal with GM to design and fit a performance package for the Pontiac Firebird, which became known as the SLP "Firehawk". The Firehawk was an OEM factory performance option of the Pontiac Firebird. Essentially, this was a hot-rod option that came with GM certification and covered under the standard warranty. Car Craft Magazine at the time proclaimed "...with the best performance-to-cost ratio of any car in its class, think of Firehawk as Corvette Lite - a third less costly, and it's more thrilling." Motor Trend Magazine went on to say "...this bird has predatory instincts. Oohs and ahhs are assured."
• Firehawk Package Features:
- Lightweight Composite Hood with Functional Cold Air Induction Package Cold Air Induction Package utilizing modified Corvette Air Cleaner
- 17" x 8.5" Aluminum Alloy Wheels (Ronal R-15)
- P275/40ZR17 Firestone Firehawk tires
- Distinctive "Firehawk" graphics
- Interior Commemorative Plaque Listing Build Number
- Stainless Steel Exhaust tips
• Exterior: The Original factory Bright Red paint with clear coat and Bright Red molding presents very well due to the car having been meticulously maintained and garaged its entire life. Other than a couple of very minor scratches on the hood, the overall condition of the finish and graphics is spectacular. The removable panel glass t-tops are blemish-free and in excellent condition.
• Interior: The luxurious Light Gray Leather trim package nicely compliments the Bright Red exterior of this Firehawk. All original power options and equipment are in excellent operating order; heating and air conditioning, original AM/FM stereo cassette player, 10 speaker stereo with amplifier, steering wheel radio controls, cruise control, power steering, power windows, power door locks and mirrors, interval wipers, keyless entry and remote trunk release, instrument cluster gauges, etc. There is some slight cosmetic wear on the wear on the driver's side lower part of the seat back bolster which is quite common (see photo).
• Engine and Driveline: Under that twin snorkel functional cold air induction hood lurks a 5.7L LT-1 Corvette engine with 315 hp, 342 ft-lbs of torque @ 2800 rpm, oil cooling system, 10.25:1 compression backed by a 4L60E 4-Speed Automatic overdrive transmission with transmission assist, and a stout Limited Slip positraction rear axle with a 3.23 gear ratio.
• Chassis Options: This Firehawk is equipped with the following:
- Level 2 Bilstein Sport Suspension Package including Bilstein Shock Absorbers, Progressive Rate
Springs, 1LE Track Bar, and 1LE Transmission Mount.
- Performance Exhaust Package including all stainless steel components, 3" intermediate pipe,
SLP freer flowing muffler and two 2.5" tail pipes; this option is known as "Two On The Left" or
• Wheels and Tires: 17" x 8.5" 5-spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels (Ronal R-15) on P275/40ZR17 Firestone Firehawk tires.
As mentioned earlier, the value to performance ratio of the 1994 Firehawk is phenomenal. When new, a fully loaded Firehawk cost about $40,000 less than a ZR1 Corvette, the Firehawk will out corner the ZR1 and out accelerate it 0-60 in 4.9 seconds compared to the ZR1's 5.2, and the Firehawk finishes the 1/4 mile in 13.5 at 103 MPH. Braking performance is also impressive at 60-0 MPH in 114 feet. This well-kept, low mileage (less than 37,000 miles), all-original and rare Firehawk is No. 81 of 500 produced in 1994; a collector's dream!
Additional photos and details of this INCREDIBLE 1994 Firehawk can be viewed at my website. CALL: Bob @ 1+925-699-5697. Text messages WILL NOT be answered! We can assist with Pre-Purchase Inspections, Title Exchange, discounted Domestic Door-to-Door and Overseas Shipping, etc. Thanks for looking!
|Free Vehicle Value Guide
| Email Seller > > >
||carguybob Inquiries must include a telephone number
|Location||La Center, Washington United States US
|Buyer Beware: AntiqueCar.com does not guarantee ads or participate in negotiations. Please read about Internet Scams and report bogus ads, phone numbers and sold vehicles to our Webmaster.
|Ad Start Date: Dec 31, 2014
|Number of Times Viewed: 1449
Ad No. 38560
Started: Dec 31, 2014