Autocar History: The Autocar Company was building vehicles in 1899, at the beginning of the Antique Car Era. The first car was a single cylinder chain drive runabout produced in 1900. The 1904 model featured a horizontal-mounted flat two-cylinder engine located in the front of the car. It was built from wood and metal and had a tiller steering.
In 1907 the Autocar Company switched to making commercial trucks and continued until they were acquired by the White Truck Company in 1953.